- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 9.25 x 9.02 x 6.61 inches; 5 Pounds
- Item model number : SI-0236
- Date First Available : May 25, 2010
- Manufacturer : Scientific Industries
- ASIN : B0046A88OU
- Country of Origin : USA
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Best Sellers Rank: #144,389 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
- #29 in Lab Vortex Shakers
The Scientific Industries SI-0236 Vortex-Genie 2 is a vortex mixer (shaker) with variable speed of 600 to 3,200rpm for gentle shaking to rapid vortexing of samples, and can be operated by touch or in continuous mode. This mixer comes with a removable cup head for a single tube up to 40mm in diameter and 200mm in length, and a 3″ platform for a beaker, a flask, or multiple tubes. Additional interchangeable mixing heads for holding vessels such as microtubes and microplates are available (sold separately). The mixer’s metal housing and shock-absorbing feet provide a stable platform to help prevent walking. It can be used in cold rooms and incubators, is Electrical Testing Labs (ETL) listed, and has European Conformity (CE) marking. Vortex shakers are commonly used in laboratories to mix liquids.SpecificationsSpeed range600 to 3,200rpmMixing capacityCup head for a single tube; 3″ platform for a beaker, a flask, or multiple tubes; additional interchangeable mixing heads available (sold separately)Orbit4mmElectrical rating120V, 60HzDimensions165 x 122 x 165mm/6.5 x 4.8 x 6.5 inches (H x W x D)Weight4kg (8.8 lb.)
H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
Vortex shakers mix small amounts of liquid in laboratory containers for biochemical, microbiological, and other applications. A vortex shaker can be analog or digital and is commonly an automated, electrically powered, benchtop unit with a base that holds a rubber cup or a platform that spins off center. The user places a test tube, beaker, or other small vessel of liquid onto the spinning cup or platform, creating a vortex to mix the liquid. Some models can hold multiple containers, often by an accessory attached to the base. Additional features may include fixed or variable speeds, touch or hands-free operation, and various voltages.
Scientific Industries manufactures laboratory equipment such as shakers and mixers, homogenizers, and incubators under the Vortex-Genie and Genie brands. The company, founded in 1954, is headquartered in Bohemia, NY.
What’s in the Box?
- Scientific Industries SI-0236 Vortex-Genie 2
- Cup head for a single tube
- 3″ platform for a beaker, a flask, or multiple tubes
There are no reviews yet.